Manufacturing company near 264th exit in Langley requires a reliable person to start immediately. This is a permanent full time position. We are a small growing company looking for people to grow with us and commit to a career choice. Our company manufactures chainsaw guide bars, “The Best Bar – Bar None!” and we pride ourselves in making a unique high quality product that is supplied around the world.
Learning is on the job and hands on for the candidate with a good aptitude and mix of skills. The successful candidate enjoys working with their hands, using machinery, and being a key part of the process of turning raw steel materials into great finished products. As you progress through the levels of training and learning, you will ultimately become a Master Barmaker. To see if this opportunity is right for you, please visit our website www.cannonbar.com
Aptitudes and Skills:
· sufficient physical strength and stamina to perform heavy manual labour, being able to lift up to 75 lbs. [34 kg]
· is detailed oriented and takes pride in delivering quality products
· has an understanding of fractions and decimals and can convert the two
· understands tight tolerances in manufacturing
· is motivated to learn new skills, and take on new challenges
· possess the ability to focus and learn
· a willingness to understand and take direction
· prior exposure to a machine shop environment is an asset
· is timely, reliable and focused
· can work as part of a team
· has a history of safe work practices and common sense
· forklift certification an asset, but not required
Must have reliable transportation as we are not located on a public bus route. Steel toe boots are required. Other PPE is supplied.
Starting wage $18.50/hr with increases as your skill level progresses.
Hours of work are 40 hours/week Mon-Thurs 7:30 am – 4:30 pm, Fri 7:30 am – 2:00 pm
We are accepting applications from Canadian residents only. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Due to Covid-19 and social distancing, first interviews will be done over the telephone. Please provide your phone number and hours of contact on your resume.
- Life insurance
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Vacation & paid time off
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.50 /hour
Method Of Application: