Potzus Ltd. is one of Saskatchewan’s largest construction companies. Established in 1966, we are a second generation family owned and operated business. We provide top quality work to the Government of Saskatchewan, various municipalities, First Nations and the private sector. Day to day operations include excavation, earth moving, site development, aggregate production, and paving.
We are currently hiring for flagpersons for road construction in the Yorkton area for the 2020 season. Flagging experience is an asset but training can be provided to the right candidate. Must be willing to work as a labourer when needed. Road construction in the Yorkton area will be requiring multiple flagpersons for traffic control. Must be able to provide own transportation to job sites located in rural location.
– Responsible for controlling traffic in our work zones.
– Responsible for helping traffic accommodation move signs and delineators
What you need:
– Past flagging experience is considered an asset.
– Local to Yorkton or accommodations in the area.
– Valid Class 5 license and vehicle to get to work.
– Able to work outdoors.
– Are a team player by not being afraid to help out on other job site tasks.
– Willing to work long hours. You are the first on the job site and the last to leave.
– Responsibility for yourself and others in a safety-conscious environment.
– Must be physically fit, be on your feet for extended periods of time, and lift up to 50lbs.
Skills And Abilities
– Document use
– Working with others
– Problem solving
– Decision making
– Critical thinking
– Job task planning and organizing
– Own transportation
– Own vehicle
– Valid driver’s licence
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
– Not required
– Traffic Control Person (TCP) Certification
– Traffic Control Signage (TWS) Certification
– Direct traffic at or near construction sites
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
– Repetitive tasks
– Physically demanding
– Steel-toed safety boots
– Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Type of Construction
– Roads and bridges
Work Site Environment