Accounting Assistant Needed At Walcan Seafood Ltd.
- Location #1 Walcan Road Heriot Bay, BC V0P 1H0
Salary$$18.00 to $23.00HOUR hourly for 30 to 60 hours per week
Terms of employment Permanent
- Flexible Hours, To be determined
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Group Insurance Benefits
- Vacancies 1 Vacancy
- Source Job Bank #1489037
We are searching for a motivated Accounting Assistant who is an excellent multitasker with exceptional communication and time management skills. Accounting Assistants can expect to assist the Accounting department with data entry, processing, and recording transactions, updating the ledger, assisting with audits or fact-checking, and preparing budgets and reports. You should be thorough, accurate, and honest with good bookkeeping skills.
To be a successful Accounting Assistant, you should have an understanding of basic Accounting principles and proficiency with computers and software, such as MS Excel or Quickbooks. You should be trustworthy, efficient, and organized.
- Providing support to the Accounting Department.
- Performing basic office tasks, such as filing, data entry, answering phones, processing the mail, etc.
- Handling communications with clients and vendors via phone, email, and in-person.
- Processing transactions, issuing checks, and updating ledgers, budgets, etc.
- Preparing financial reports.
- Assisting with audits, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies.
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
or equivalent experience
Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns; Store, update and retrieve financial data; Prepare general ledger; Prepare journal entry; Perform clerical duties, such as maintain filing and record systems; Manage accounts payable; Manage accounts receivable; Invoice clients; Freight rating; Conduct credit and collections; Prepare reports; Perform general office duties; Organize and maintain inventory
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Word processing software; Spreadsheet; MS Access; MS Excel; MS Word; Internet; Database software; Accounting software; Electronic mail
- Work Setting
- Food processing industry
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks
- Work Location Information
- Rural area
- Personal Suitability
- Accurate; Excellent oral communication; Reliability; Organized; Ability to multitask
How to apply