Employer Job Number: GO-00593741-1
Facility: NIPAWIN HOSPITAL
- Responsible for organizing, producing, and distributing food and beverages.
- Setting up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Preparing ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cooking food in various utensils or grillers
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
Journeyperson Cook Certificate
Previous: Six (6) months on-the-job experience in order to become familiar with timelines, special diets, large quantity food production, and department policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Valid drivers license, where required by the job
Basic computer skills
Ability to work independently
Food Safe Certificate
To ensure that you aren’t missed for an opportunity, please ensure that your Gateway talent profile and contact information is up to date and/or attach a current resume.
Successful applicant must submit satisfactory criminal record check, including vulnerable sector search, prior to an offer of employment being made.
Geographic Location: NIPAWIN
Expected Start Date: May 18, 2020
This posting will remain Open until Filled.
Hours of Work: .00 hours per 3 week rotation
Health Careers in Saskatchewan
For more information on this job, please visit the employer’s website.