Looking for a skilled farmhand to do fencing, operate a chain saw, tractor, and other miscellaneous duties. Casual position only about five minutes out of Prince Albert. Salary depending on experience.
Apply pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizer to crops and livestock; plant, maintain, and harvest food crops; and tend livestock and poultry. Repair farm buildings and fences. Duties may include: operating milking machines and other dairy processing equipment; supervising seasonal help; irrigating crops; and hauling livestock products to market.
1) Performing General Physical Activities — Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
2) Handling and Moving Objects — Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
3) Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment — Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, passenger vehicles, aircraft, or water craft.
4) Repairing and Maintaining Mechanical Equipment — Servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical (not electronic) principles.
5) Controlling Machines and Processes — Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes (not including computers or vehicles).
Skills And Abilities
– Oral communication
– Decision making
– Critical thinking
– Own vehicle
– Valid driver’s licence
– Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment