Restaurant Cashier Needed At A&W Restaurant #6233
- LocationSydney, NS
- Salary$$12.55HOUR hourly for 10 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent
Part time leading to full time
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- Vacancies2 Vacancies
- Source Job Bank #1490919
We are looking for an efficient, courteous Cashier who possesses excellent customer service skills. The Cashier will scan the customer’s selections, ensure that prices and quantities are accurate, accept payments, issue receipts, answer inquiries, and provide helpful information to customers products, promotions, or item location. You will also respond to complaints, process refunds or exchanges of items, and maintain a clean workspace.
To succeed as a Cashier, you should have a strong work ethic and high level of accuracy. You should be responsible, attentive to customer needs, and committed to providing excellent service.
- Welcoming customers, answering their questions, helping them locate items, and providing advice or recommendations.
- Operating scanners, scales, cash registers, and other electronics.
- Balancing the cash register and generating reports for credit and debit sales.
- Accepting payments, ensuring all prices and quantities are accurate and proving a receipt to every customer.
- Processing refunds and exchanges, resolving complaints.
- Bagging or wrapping purchases to ensure safe transport.
- Following all store procedures regarding coupons, gift cards, or the purchase of specific items, such as alcohol or cigarettes.
- Maintaining a clean workspace.
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Specific Skills
- Operate cash register; Process money, cheques and credit/debit card payments; Receive payment for goods or services; Greet customers; Wrap or place merchandise in bags; Provide customer service; Accept reservations or take-out orders
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Electronic cash register; Interac machine
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication
How to apply