Employer Job Number: GO-00597361
Facility: HAFFORD SPECIAL CARE & PRIMARY CARE SITE
Job Description: Provides a clean, sanitary, and safe environment for clients/patients/residents, staff and visitors.
- Maintained cleanliness of buildings to ensure a safe and healthy environment for staff and students
- Recorded staff comments or complaints, referring them to management as necessary
- Officially commended for initiative, enthusiasm, tenacity, and dependability in performance evaluation
- Developed highly empathic relationship with staff and students
- Reported damage or abuse of property, maintenance concerns, and any fire or safety hazards
- Detailed cleaning of patients living units including bathrooms and bed making
- Performed other related environmental service duties as assigned
- Accurately completed the cleaning process in all rooms, including dusting, removing trash, mopping.
- Completed special cleaning projects as assigned.
- Demonstrated competence in functioning with and around patients and medical equipment.
- Completed other scheduled cleaning processes as defined and assigned in all ancillary areas throughout the hospital.
- Maintained Environmental Services work preparation areas in a neat, orderly fashion
- Distributed clean linen to patient use areas an exchange linen cart system
- Completed other assignments and duties as determined by the Supervisor/Shift Coordinator.
- Maintain department safety guidelines when performing all functions
- Use Seven Step Cleaning to perform standardized procedures for occupied and terminal cleaning of areas outlined by the department and directed by management
- Follow established hospital procedures for handling, containment and disposal of general/infectious waste
- Utilize documented procedures in the Infection Control Policy and Procedure Manual and personal protective equipment to prevent the spread of infection to patience/staff
- Respond to emergency requests and transfers of patients
- Periodically maintain all surfaces utilizing department procedures for cleanliness and appearance
- Follow and maintain proper chemical mixtures, usage, storage and labeling
Previous: No previous experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Valid drivers license, where required by the job
Basic computer skills
Ability to work independently
The official job descriptions are found on the Provider Group website, http://www.working-for-health.ca/supportjobevaluation/
No guaranteed hours of work.
Shifts (days, evenings, nights) including actual hours, date of commencement and temporary end dates are for informational purpose only and may be subject to change.
Prospective employee will require a valid drivers license.
Successful applicant must provide a satisfactory valid Criminal Record Check including vulnerable sector query before an Offer of Employment is made.
Expected Start Date: July 13, 2020
Health Careers in Saskatchewan
For more information on this job, please visit the employer’s website.