We are looking for a friendly, experienced Taxi Driver to join our company. The Taxi Driver’s responsibilities include collecting clients, transporting them to their destinations, and processing payments. You should also ensure that each journey remains safe and pleasant.
To be successful as a Taxi Driver, you should be punctual, reliable, and excellent at time management. An outstanding Taxi Driver will ensure that the vehicle remains stocked with supplies that may be of interest to clients, which includes items such as daily papers.
- Collecting clients at the start of their journey.
- Assisting clients with the loading and unloading of their baggage and other personal belongings, as needed.
- Starting and stopping the taximeter at the correct times.
- Selecting the fastest route to the client’s destination, unless otherwise requested.
- Driving clients to their destinations.
- Informing clients of services and attractions that may be of interest to them.
- Adhering to road regulations.
- Ensuring that clients remain safe throughout the journey.
- Processing cash payments, ensuring that you carry sufficient change at all times.
- Ensuring that the vehicle remains clean and in excellent working condition.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Valid license or permit to transport passengers.
- Clear criminal record.
- Prior experience in a similar position.
- Familiarity with GPS software.
- Well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work shifts, on weekends, and on public holidays, as needed.
Experience an asset
- Additional Skills
- Clean and make minor repairs to vehicle; Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Security and Safety
- Driver’s validity licence check; Driving record check (abstract); Criminal record check
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Driver’s abstract; Valid driver’s licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure; Attention to detail
- Work Location Information
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
How to apply
250-559-2380 Between 09:00 AM and 05:00 PM
PO BOX 1550 SKIDEGATE
Queen Charlotte City, BC