We are hiring at the Martensville Corner Store We want individuals that can help us create the best experience for our customers, through superior sales and service in our liquor store and convenience store.
We are looking for an efficient, courteous Cashier who possesses excellent customer service skills. The Cashier will scan the customer’s selections, ensure that prices and quantities are accurate, accept payments, issue receipts, answer inquiries, and provide helpful information to customers products, promotions, or item locations. You will also respond to complaints, process refunds or exchanges of items, and maintain a clean workspace.
To succeed as a Cashier, you should have a strong work ethic and a high level of accuracy. You should be responsible, attentive to customer needs, and committed to providing excellent service.
Please apply by email.
- Welcoming customers, answering their questions, helping them locate items, and providing advice or recommendations.
- Operating scanners, scales, cash registers, and other electronics.
- Balancing the cash register and generating reports for credit and debit sales.
- Accepting payments, ensuring all prices and quantities are accurate and proving a receipt to every customer.
- Processing refunds and exchanges, resolving complaints.
- Bagging or wrapping purchases to ensure safe transport.
- Following all store procedures regarding coupons, gift cards, or the purchase of specific items, such as alcohol or cigarettes.
- Maintaining a clean workspace.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Customer service or Cashier experience.
- Ability to handle transactions accurately and responsibly.
- High level of energy with strong customer service skills.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Ability to stand, walk, lift heavy items, and work with other team members in a fast-paced environment to provide excellent service.
- Attention to detail.
- Helpful, courteous approach to resolving complaints.
Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.)
– Not required
– Not applicable
– Operate cash register
– Customer service oriented
– Process money, cheques and credit/debit card payments
– Scan items
– Tabulate total payment for goods or services required
– Receive payment for goods or services
– Stock shelves and clean counter area
– Greet customers
– Enter prices of items on cash register
– Wrap or place merchandise in bags
– Retail establishment
– Confectionery store
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
– Fast-paced environment
– Attention to detail
– Standing for extended periods
– Bending, crouching, kneeling
– Price scanner
– Computer terminal
– Cash register
– Interac machine
GROWLER’S TAP HOUSE