As the public face of the company the Sales Associate is responsible for dealing with any and all customer questions about the products and services the company offers. A Sales Associate is expected to be continuously updating their knowledge of the company products, services, and policies.
Complaint handling is a critical part of this position. Turning a frustrated customer into a happy customer, while adhering to company policies, requires a combination of empathy and tact.
Another key responsibility is maintaining the presentation of the sales floor, products, signage, and displays.
- Greeting customers, responding to questions, improving engagement with merchandise and providing outstanding customer service.
- Operating cash registers, managing financial transactions, and balancing drawers.
- Achieving established goals.
- Directing customers to merchandise within the store.
- Increasing in-store sales.
- Superior product knowledge.
- Maintaining an orderly appearance throughout the sales floor.
- Introducing promotions and opportunities to customers.
- Cross-selling products to increase purchase amounts.
- An Associate’s degree or high school diploma.
- Retail sales experience.
- A professional appearance.
- Maintain a positive attitude and focus on customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to read, write, and perform basic math.
- The ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
- Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Operate cash register; Provide advice about merchandise; Greet customers and discuss type, quality and quantity of merchandise or services sought for purchase, rental or lease
- Work Setting
- Shoe store
- Type of Product
- Men’s clothing; Footwear; Women’s clothing
- Security and Safety
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work Location Information
- In shop; Urban area
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Dependability; Reliability; Organized; Adaptability; Collaborative; Energetic; Goal-oriented; Hardworking; Integrity; Outgoing; Positive attitude; Proactive; Quick learner; Time management
How to apply
9B-134 Primrose Dr.
S7K 5S6 Between 11:00 AM and 07:00 PM